viernes, 20 de octubre de 2017

Guernica
makes me feel...
The first time I saw Guernica was in primary school. At the age of six years old, you don’t quite understand the darkness of this paint. Is almost devil. But I was sure about a thing, I feel terrified, extremely terrified. But my fear couldn't be compared to the original one that inspired the painting. The combination of those grief figures made my heart stopped for a minute. I couldn’t take my eyes of it.

There is a contrast between the light and the dark. Somehow, I feel a bit relieved because the hope is the last thing we can lost and after study Guernica in college, I still thinking for solutions apart from send our dearest friends and family to the battles and enter in a non-stop war. For example, we appreciate the feeling if we see closely the broken gun of the corpse warrior. A daisy is blooming in the rust and represents the rise of a new hope, a future where guns are not necessary and we live peacefully. No more harm for anyone else, isn't that what we have to fight for?

To me this painting reveals mercy. This can be relate by the proof of the mother crying while she is holding the death body of her son in her arms. Is like a parallelism between the Virgin Mary and Jesus, therefore there are tons of love and affection illustrated in the action and they reach to me. The love of a mother is indescribable and beats everything, even death.

The mix of emotions and representations expressed in the paint, creates to me a variety of sensations. In fact, I feel sad and also a strange and little pinch of affection for those who died unfairly.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario